Gearing up for the 4th of July is an exciting time for your residents. Summer is in full swing, the weather is beautiful, and it’s time to celebrate with loved ones and neighbors alike. But, before lighting fireworks and firing up the grill, remind your residents to heed the following safety advice to ensure an accident-free holiday. As for your association, enforce these rules with vigor and protect your operation with an LA HOA Insurance policy.
Fireworks are not typically allowed, but that doesn’t stop people from enjoying them anyway. If these are brought into your HOA, share the following information with your residents to mitigate your liability.
- Never relight a dud.
- Monitor kids who are surrounding the fireworks.
- Never allow children to play with fireworks.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Douse all fireworks with water before throwing them away.
- Keep water nearby to suppress any unsuspecting fires.
In our last series of posts, we covered the ins and outs of pool safety as it relates to your HOA. A few important things to mention again include ensuring that all pool equipment is in good working order and in compliance with state laws, safety signs are posted clearly, and lifeguards (should you choose to hire them) are on duty.
4th of July goes hand in hand with grilling. Place safety signs next to the grills to warn your residents of fire hazards and ensure whoever is operating them is not inebriated and understands how to safely operate the grill. Some other safety considerations include:
- Be prepared – Have a fire extinguisher or at the very least, a garden hose on hand. Never leave the grill unattended, suggests HOA Management.
- Run a safety check of the grills before the holiday starts. This means ridding them of excess grease and ensuring they are functioning properly.
- Ensure your residents do not place any flammable items too close to the grill to prevent fires.
About Scott Litman Insurance Agency
At Scott Litman Insurance Agency, we are dedicated to protecting HOAs like yours. We have a unique understanding of the industry and the common risk exposures that you face in your daily operations. In fact, we find that 90% of the policies we review are missing coverages that violate the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&R), exposing the board, HOA and management to lawsuits – which is why our comprehensive policies are tailored to meet your specific needs at competitive prices. For more information about our products, contact our experts today at (818) 879-5980 ext. 201, or fill out our online form.